Blogging About....

1.21.2011

Dateline–not the TV show ;)

It’s the beginning of the year and across digiscrap land, heck, just scrapland in general, all you hear about is Project 365|52|12. Well, I started thinking about it around late November/December. Should I do it? If I do, how am I going to do it? etc etc. I decided I would but I needed to keep it really really really really simple. The key to that was to pick just one kit to use for the entire album. After much deliberation, I settled on Caroline Kaiser’s Document It Collection Biggie. I chose this kit because it has 16 different papers and a whole bunch of embellies and I absolutely fell in love with the alpha. It was created with P365/52/12 projects in mind so it was really a no-brainer. I couldn’t wait for the new year to arrive so I could start using it for my album.

Soooooo…..imagine my utter delight when Caroline asked me to do a layout to showcase a new product that expands upon the collection!!! Caroline created two embellishment template sets that gives you even more options for adding the date to your layouts: ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Dateline 1 & ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Document It Dateline 2. I love that it includes different font styles and because it’s a template, you can use it in so many different ways—let your mojo run wild!
So here’s my layout:
"Happy New Year" | See end of post for supplies
I was inspired by the product name here. Datelines made me think of headlines so I played on the “what’s black, white, and re(a)d all over” concept. I can’t wait to use these templates in other ways. This layout will be in my P365 album and so far….it’s the only layout I’ve done. Yep, I’m already behind. I forsee some power scrapping in my future!

Have you decided to tackle the behemoth that is Project 365/52? If so, how are you doing so far?

Until next time peeps!

“Happy New Year” Supply List
Document It Collection Biggie by Caroline Kaiser
Lettering Delights Scrap Casual Font by Lettering Delights
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Dateline 1 by Caroline Kaiser
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Clarify 11301 Mini by Heidi Dillon
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Photos That Pop 1801 Mini by Mandy Steward
Available Commercial Use products:
Lettering Delights Scrap Casual Font by Lettering Delights
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Dateline 1 by Caroline Kaiser
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Clarify 11301 Mini by Heidi Dillon
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Photos That Pop 1801 Mini by Mandy Steward

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful layout Ashleigh. I love the embellishments you used AND I LOVE your first photos of 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hello!