Blogging About....

12.20.2010

SG Newsletter 12/20/10|Extra Chit Chat

It's Monday again! If you haven't already, check out the newsletter today. It's full of hybrid crafting ideas--perfect for these last FIVE (count 'em--1-2-3-4-5 *scream of panic*) days left until Christmas. They're all pretty fast and easy to complete. Here's the link to the newsletter: Monday, December 20, 2010 | Christmas Story Jar - Part 8. 

I had lots of ideas that I still haven't gotten around to yet; hence the earlier scream of panic. However, I did get this card done. I loved using Caroline Kaiser's I Heart You Collection Mini to create the card. I thought the hand drawn illustrations were so cute and I can't wait to use the Valentine's Day themed embellies in February. But now it's Christmas, so here's my hybrid creation--and it's hybrid in the strictest sense of hybrid. Originally, the card was made of pixels on my screen and then I printed it out so now it's on paper. Feel free to add traditional scrapbooking supplies to further dress up your hybrid creations but realize that it's still hybrid even if you don't.

Okay, I'm really going to show you the card now:
"Merry Christmas" Card | Supply List + Links below
Here's my blurb from the newsletter:
"When looking for items to use for Christmas-themed projects, don't be afraid to look at collections with other holiday themes besides Christmas. Here, I used papers from I Heart You Collection Mini which is a Valentine's Day-themed collection. But because the color palette is the traditional red and green often used for holidays, it works great for my project. After choosing the papers I wanted to use, I selected a few embellishments from other Christmas-themed collections to finish off the card."

I don't know if it's because of the holidays, but I don't have much extra to say. My brain is fried. Just remember that just because a product in your digi stash is themed for one holiday, doesn't mean you can't use it for not only everyday pages, but for a different holiday as well. Try to look at the elements of the kit with fresh eyes. For instance, I saw that the swirls on the red background paper would be nice to use here. It's really hearts surrounded by white swirls but I strategically cropped the paper so you wouldn't get that Valentine's/lovey dovey feel. Or the green paper with the red glitter streaks screamed "CHRISTMAS GARLAND" so it became a part of my Christmas tree.

Okay, so I had more to say than I thought...

Signing out for now. Until next time...

Happy Holidays to all of you!!


"Merry Christmas" Card Supply List
I Heart You Collection Mini by Caroline Kaiser
Main St. Holiday Collection by Trish Yochum
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Christmas Photo Collage by Syndee Nuckles
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Clarify 11301 Mini by Heidi Dillon
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Micro Glitter 6401 Super Biggie by Amanda Sok
Available Commercial Use products:
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Christmas Photo Collage by Syndee Nuckles
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Clarify 11301 Mini by Heidi Dillon
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Micro Glitter 6401 Super Biggie by Amanda Sok

1 comment:

  1. Ashleigh what a beautiful card --- LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I just love hybrid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hello!