Blogging About....

11.29.2010

ScrapGirls Newsletter|Extra Chit Chat

I'm a layout artist over at ScrapGirls. It's my first time being a part of a creative team and I am so enjoying it. The best thing about it is becoming so much more aware of my own creative process. Over the last few months, I've realized that I can't scrap unless I'm organized so my process demands that I spend some time keeping my digi files in order. There are other things too but perhaps that should be in a post of its own hmm?

So what's the point of this post? Well, as I said, I'm a layout artist and every Monday, the layout artists are featured in the newsletter that SG sends out 6 days a week. Each team member creates a layout and we also share a little tip or trick about the creation of that layout. I've decided to feature those layouts that appear in the newsletter here along with some elaboration on the tip I've shared in the newsletter. So without further ado, here's my layout that appeared last Monday.

[Also, if you'd like to see what my fellow layout artists have created (which I highly recommend, they're awesome) or if you want to see the newsletter (which I highly recommend, it's awesome) here's the link for you: ScrapGirls News: Monday, 11.22.10 Family Reunion]

"Giving Thanks for Family"
See Supply List w/links below
Here's my blurb from the newsletter:
"ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates can be a quick and easy way to add a special touch to your layout, but if you have more time, you can easily get even more creative with these tools. For this layout, I opened up three different PSD files from ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Heraldic Crest Clusters. Then I highlighted the layers I wanted to use on my layout and dragged them onto my blank 12x12-inch canvas. Then I arranged the various template layers on the canvas to my liking. Finally, I used clipping masks to add papers from Prairieland Collection to the template layers."
So basically, I was working with Angela Blanchard's lovely ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Heraldic Crest Clusters.This product includes 6 different templates and normally, I'd pull just one of them as use it the way the designer arranged them but this time, I wanted to stretch myself and use the templates differently. My idea was to deconstruct a template so I opened up a few of the different templates and chose different layers to work with and then I put them together in a completely different way on my layout. For example, the green lions on the edges of my layout were originally one crest but I split it in half using the "Layer via Cut" option in CS4. The large green triple dot circle was a part of another template that I enlarged. The burgundy swirls were part of yet another template. That's pretty much it. Then I clipped papers from Angela's Prairieland Collection to the various layers, added my title and a few embellies (i.e. the buttons) and I was done.


And elsewhere in my pixelated world:
It's almost December and I'm getting nervous about this December Daily thing because I was a total photography failure at Thanksgiving. I didn't get nearly any of the photos I wanted to get. I hope that snapping photos everyday will make photographing Christmas a lot easier because I have got to step up my game for holidays. Poor kids, they're going to think nothing happened during the holidays. Stay tuned....


Until next time y'all! (Yeah, I said y'all...I'm from the South *wink*)


"Giving Thanks for Family" Supply List
Art Journal Collection Biggie by Thao Cosgrove
Prairieland Collection by Angela Blanchard
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Heraldic Crest Clusters by Angela Blanchard
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: My Blessings by Shalae Tippetts
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Clarify 11301 Mini by Heidi Dillon
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Desaturate 5101 by Durin Eberhart
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Photos That Pop 1801 Mini by Mandy Steward
Simple Life Paper Super Mini by Thao Cosgrove

There are also Commercial Use versions available of the following products:
Prairieland Collection by Angela Blanchard
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Heraldic Crest Clusters by Angela Blanchard
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: My Blessings by Shalae Tippetts
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Clarify 11301 Mini by Heidi Dillon
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Desaturate 5101 by Durin Eberhart
ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Photos That Pop 1801 Mini by Mandy Steward




2 comments:

Thanks for saying hello!